Friday, February 1, 2013

Something’s Got to Give!

Hello, friends. It’s been quite a while since I’ve written for my “At a Crossroads” blog. As you all know, life holds some surprises and roadblocks along the course, and you begin to feel that something has to give. Of course, when those surprises and roadblocks present themselves, there are also opportunities for learning and growth.

One of the themes that keeps cropping up is that dependence on God is critical for my daily living. When the load seems too heavy or the responsibility too great, God is my refuge. When I’m discouraged or worried, God provides peace. When my joy is lagging, God meets me where I am and shows me His goodness. Hmm, it all seems too simple . . .

The real issue here for me is that I get in the way. I think I can do whatever needs to be done in my own strength. How could I be so arrogant? How do I get past my own stubborn pride? I’m learning (relearning, actually) that coming to God in humble confession and releasing my ironclad grip on my destiny bring me to my knees. Oh, that I would remember the lesson that “when I am weak, then I am strong.” (2 Corinthians 12:10b)

“Do you not know? Have you not heard? The LORD is the everlasting God, the Creator of the ends of the earth. He will not grow tired or weary, and His understanding no one can fathom. He gives strength to the weary and increases the power of the weak.” (Isaiah 40:28-29)

No comments:

Post a Comment