Thursday, August 16, 2012

Hooray for the Moments!

Thanks to those of you who read my first two blog posts. I wanted to give you some history and context for what contributes to my thought processes and the road on which I continue to travel.

This has been a mixed up kind of week for me. Anticipating Kristin’s departure back to Indonesia has been in my head for a long time – even to the point of not cherishing the moment. Will I ever learn?! We went to a minor league baseball game last Friday night – it was a great time – we won and there were incredible fireworks after the game. As I sat there beside Kristin, I was struck by her joy and peace. Contentment simply oozes out of her (and is contagion to those around her). Even yesterday when we hugged and said our goodbyes, she was so strong and eager to get back to the children she teaches and the community she loves so much there in Bandung. I will miss her like crazy!!! But I know she’s in God’s hands and is where He will use her for His glory.

The house seems so quiet again, except that we’re taking care of one of the “grand-dogs” for a few days while Ryan and Joanna are out town. We got to see our other “grand-dog” a few days ago when Austin and Kim came for dinner and a rousing game of bridge. I guess these kids need us, just in different ways than when they were young. Ryan told me on the phone last night, “You’ll always be my parents, and I’m really glad you’re there for us.” I’ll take it!

I am a blessed woman – and as I noted earlier, I need to treasure the moments I’m given with my adult children.

1 comment:

  1. Excellent! I am an empty nester of 6 adult kids.we have a lot of changes happening in our life this year and it has really hit home that we are in the empty nest phase. Love and appreciate your blog!

    ReplyDelete