Thursday, October 25, 2012

Make A Difference

There are days when I pinch myself and say, “Am I really a part of this?!”

I think I’ve said before that I feel so honored to be a part of the ministry of Family Talk and to get to work with Dr. Dobson. Especially after my children left home, it has been an amazing blessing to have a job that is fulfilling and allows me to make a difference.

This week, I’m in Orlando, Florida, with Dr. and Mrs. Dobson. I feel like I’m watching history in the making. You may know that Dr. Dobson is updating his original film series that was taped in San Antonio in 1978. When Ryan, his son, moved into the parenting stage, he saw one of the films and found it to be relevant and helpful. And it was really good!!! So Ryan asked his dad where he and his friends could get a copy of the series. Well, those films were, of course, unavailable. That’s when Ryan encouraged his father to update the series so that the next generation of spouses and parents could benefit from the practical material in those films.

Thus began “Building a Family Legacy.” Most of the sessions were filmed at a church in San Diego last summer. While here in Florida, other pieces of the project are coming together. It’s been a remarkable time – inspiring messages and powerful re-enactments . . . I truly believe this new series will speak to families and help them provide godly homes and solid spiritual training – just like the first series did for over 80 million people in the late 70s and early 80s.

Check out the photos of some of the work that’s been done this week.

Your prayers for this project are much appreciated. Dr. Dobson and Family Talk continue to labor on behalf of the family, righteousness in the culture and the defense of life.

I’d love to hear from you about the open doors God has allowed you to walk through and how you’re making a difference in others’ lives as you’re “on mission” for Him.


No comments:

Post a Comment