Friday, March 8, 2013

A Mother's Prayer

I returned a few days ago from Nashville, Tennessee. I was there to attend the NRB (National Religious Broadcasters) Convention. I am thankful to have gone – I learned a great deal and met many, many people who are serving the Lord through radio, television, social media, etc.

One of the highlights of the trip was the worship service on Sunday morning where we gathered to sing together, pray, worship through the act of giving and to hear Pastor Tony Evans share a powerful message. Keith and Kristyn Getty and their band led us in music – oh, how marvelous to hear voices raised in unity to magnify the Lord, along with amazing strings, bagpipes and piano. What a great blessing that time was for me!

My heart was lifted up by several of the hymns the Gettys sang, which prompted me to take a look at the CD from which those songs came. And then I found another one that we didn’t sing Sunday morning, but I’ve listened to over and over since I returned home. It’s called “A Mother’s Prayer.” Here are just a couple of the verses to the song (I think you’ll see why I love its theme):
Before you close your eyes to sleep,
I have a promise still to keep.
As I hold you in my arms,
I pray your little frame grows strong
And that faith takes hope while you are young.
This is my prayer for you.

Hold my hand, I’ll teach you the way to go
Through the joys, through the years
The journey of these years.
May you trust Him till the end.
May you trust Him in the end.

. . .

You’ll travel where my arms won’t reach
As the road will rise and lead your feet
On a journey of your own.
May my mistakes not hinder you,
But His grace remain and guide you through.
This is my prayer for you.

Take His hand and go where He calls you to.
And whatever comes, seek Him
With all your heart.
This is my prayer for you.

Father, hear my ceaseless prayer,
Oh, keep her in your care.
So, even now my eyes are welling up with tears. Yes, all my children are “where my arms won’t reach.” But my intercessions for them are heard by the same Heavenly Father to whom they pray. Hallelujah!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment